Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is the global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV/ AIDS, and has reached more than 26 million women with services to prevent transmission of HIV to their babies. In 2015-2016, EGPAF supported activities in 19 countries and nearly 5,000 sites to implement prevention, care, and treatment services; to further advance innovative research; and to execute global advocacy activities that bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide. EGPAF has worked in Malawi since 2001. Today, EGPAF Malawi implements evidence based HIV prevention, core and treatment interventions in 151 health facilities in eight districts through EGPAF’s U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief/U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (PEPFAR/CDC) funded HIV Service Delivery, Quality Improvement and Health Systems Strengthening Program. EGPAF has recently secured a new award and seeks to fill the following open position.
Job title: Human Resources Officer
Location: Lilongwe, Malawi
Reports to: HR Manager
The Human Resources Officer reports to the HR and Admin Manager and provides specialized or general support in the day-to-day management and administration of the human resources function. The position will also support other functional areas such as recruitment, staff orientation, training & development, employee relations, compensation & benefits, and performance management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support recruitment processes, including developing and posting vacancy announcements, tracking and reporting on recruitment processes, screening and short-listing applications, preparing interview schedules, and assisting with background screening and reference checks for final job candidates.
- Supports administration of HR policies, including employee terms & conditions of service, salaries and benefits, employment contracts, leave records etc.
- Supports administration of the organization medical scheme and pension / provident fund.
- Ensure complete and up-to-date employment documentation and confidential handling of employee information. Ensure all required employee documentation is obtained, correctly filed, and updated as necessary. Ensure all employees are in receipt of critical HR documents, including a current contract, employee handbook, and job description.
- Supports administration of the staff training and capacity building sessions.
- Prepare offer letters and employee contracts for new employees, and track contract expiry dates for renewal. Ensure any changes in an employee’s status are adequately documented.
- Support the orientation and on-boarding of new employees, including preparing an orientation schedule and welcome package, orienting staff regarding employment conditions, registering staff for benefits schemes, and ensuring new staff have appropriate work space and resources.
- Interface with the payroll administrator to ensure employee salary and benefits are correctly computed, and that payroll is promptly informed of any changes affecting the employee’s employment conditions.
- Oversee the management and general administration of employee leave and other leave related processes.
- Prepare and update the human resources database, and update the organization chart on a monthly basis and circulate to employees.
- Prepare and submit HR reports to international HR and ensure that these are accurate and submitted on a timely basis.
- Assist with employee safety, welfare and wellness programs, and support internal communications and staff training & development needs.
- Assists with performance management system and ensure that key dates and deadlines are met.
- Ensure proper planning and preparation in respect of departing staff, including fulfillment of all handover responsibilities, correct payment of terminal dues, exit interviews etc.
- Ensure compliance with all internal policies and procedures as well as external regulatory concerns and applicable labor laws,
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by HR Manager
- Degree or Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management.
- At least 3 years working experience in a similar post.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals are welcome to apply.
Interested qualified candidates should send their expressions of interest enclosing copies of their certificates and a detailed current Curriculum Vitae including names and contacts of at least three traceable referees, and indicating their availability to take up the position.
To: The Country Director, Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, 1st Floor, NEDBANK House, City Centre, P.O. Box 2543, Lilongwe.
Or email to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 30 May 2018