Nurses and Midwives Council of Malawi (NMCM) is a sole regulatory body of nursing and midwifery education, training, practice, professional conduct of nursing and midwifery personnel in the country. It was established in 1966 under the Act of Parliament Laws of Malawi Cap 36:02. NMCM is mandated to develop, maintain, monitor, evaluate and control the profession of nursing and midwifery thereby contributing to the national goal of promoting the health status of Malawians.
NMCM is now urgently looking for suitably qualified, motivated, dynamic and capable individual to fill the position of Senior Administrative Officer tenable at NMCM
Offices in Lilongwe. It is a two year fixed term.
The purpose of the position is to manage the General Administrative and Human Resources issues in order to support NMCM operations. The position works directly under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Administration.
- Participate in corporate policy formulation, implementation and review.
- Supervise general administration and human resource functions of the
- Recruitment and selection
- Capacity building
- Staff meetings
- Exit interview
- Administer staff terms and conditions of service and initiate periodic reviews of the conditions.
- Supervise the management of Council’s assets to ensure efficient utilization and security.
- Supervise Administration Assistant, Office Assistants, Drivers,
- Coordinating procurement processes and production of quarterly procurement
- Management of office building, tenancy issues including timely valuation and production of tenancy reports.
- Responsible for management of transport, vehicles and drivers and production of vehicle reports.
- Coordinating projects’ implementations
- Coordinating periodic performance appraisals for the Secretariat.
- Production of departmental financial and administrative reports.
- Any other relevant duties which may be assigned
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or Human Resources Management
- Malawi School Certificate in Education (MSCE) or its equivalent
- Minimum of five years’ experience
Experience and Competencies
- High level of interpersonal, communication and management skills
- Good accuracy skills and attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Excel and Words
- Effective time management
- Effective team participation and assistance skills
- Ability to work in tight deadlines
- Good organization and communication skills
Interested applicants who meet the above competences are requested to submit their applications, curriculum vitae (CV), copies of certificates, names and address of three traceable referees with their contact numbers to:
Nurses and Midwives Council of Malawi
P.O. Box 30361
Closing date for receiving the applications is Friday, 13th October, 2017. Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.