JTI is a leading international tobacco company with operations in more than 120 countries. We’re the global owner of world-renowned brands such as Winston, the number two cigarette brand in the world, and Camel (outside the US). Our global brands also include Mevius, LD and Natural American Spirit, and we manufacture the internationally recognized Logic e-cigarette brand and Ploom Tech, a major brand in the heated tobacco category.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, we employ over 27000 people across the globe. We were recently awarded Global Top Employer for the third consecutive year. This is recognition of our outstanding talent strategy, energizing culture and commitment to learning and development.
We are a member of the Japan Tobacco Group of Companies. For more information visit www.jti.com.
The position is responsible for calculating, analysing and maintaining standard and actual product cost for JTI Leaf Malawi and ensuring that Tobacco is valued at the correct cost valuation while also meeting the Global Product costing policy consistently.
- Creation and maintenance of Crop year/Dummy internal orders which are to be used for Product costing purposes
- Perform accurate, transparent and timely financial forecasting for Tobacco materials according to annual plans and implementation timelines
- Preparation and execution of monthly Closing Product Costing by performing reconciliation of Inventory interfaces and ensuring production orders reconcile before they are put to status TECO for month end closing.
- Support Factory Operations with variance analyses on key materials usage (NTMs, Coal, Spare parts) and advise areas of improvement on a monthly basis
- Perform routine physical stock counts of Green and Dry Inventory as well as NTMs and prepare reconciliation reports thereof using appropriate systems.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager from time to time
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or related equivallent
- A minimum of 5 years accounting experience in a Multinational company, preferably in a manufacturing environment, with solid product costing experience in SAP or similar system
- Excellent English (Write, speak and read)
- Proficiency in computer use – Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office(Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint)