Nurses and Midwives Council of Malawi (NMCM) is a sole regulatory body of nursing and midwifery education, training, practice, professional conduct of nursing and midwifery personnel in the country. It was established in 1966 under the Act of Parliament Laws of Malawi Cap 36:02. NMCM is mandated to develop, maintain, monitor, evaluate and control the profession of nursing and midwifery thereby contributing to the national goal of promoting the health status of Malawians.
NMCM is now urgently looking for suitably qualified, motivated, dynamic and capable individual to fill the position of Monitoring, Evaluation and Investigation Officer tenable at NMCM Offices in Lilongwe and is a permanent position.
Reporting to the Director of Monitoring, Evaluation and Investigation, the Officer shall be responsible for:
- Assist in Planning, coordinating, conduct monitoring and evaluation of health
- Supervising the District monitoring teams and periodic reviews of the monitoring tools.
- Production and sharing of monitoring, evaluation and inspection reports
- Conducting investigations of all complaints from the public related to Nursing and midwifery services and assist in preparation of reports for the Investigation Committee.
- Conduct inspection of private maternity clinic and make follow ups on renewal of licensure.
- Coordinating with the Director on all matters related to monitoring, evaluation and investigation as well as compiling reports for presentation to the Disciplinary Committee in accordance with the Nurses and Midwives Act.
- Assist in servicing of the Investigations, Disciplinary and Professional Practice Committees of the Council.
- Writing project proposal for funding of Departmental projects and participates in negotiations with potential partners and funding agencies as needed
- Assist in preparing and submitting annual work plans with budgets for the Department to the Director in coordination with the other members of the
- Production of monitoring /supervisory report, making recommendations for remedial measures identified and coordinating the findings with the Head of
Department, Registrar and relevant Council Standing Committees.
- Conducting dissemination meetings on quality improvements, research
findings, monitoring and evaluation findings and feedback sessions on issues concerning nursing and midwifery profession.
- Master’s degree in Nursing and Midwifery or Health related discipline from a recognized University
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing and Midwifery from a recognized University with at least five years’ experience in clinical area is a must.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of health facility or training Institution will be an added advantage.
Experience and Competencies
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work with people at all levels
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- High level of presentation, facilitation and analytical skills
- Self-motivated and action oriented
- Strategic thinker
- Strong computer skills
Interested applicants who meet the above competences are requested to submit their applications, curriculum vitae (CV), copies of certificates, names and address of three traceable referees with their contact numbers to:
Nurses and Midwives Council of Malawi
P.O. Box 30361
Closing date for receiving the applications is Friday, 13th October, 2017. Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.