A. THE ORGANISATION
Lilongwe Water Board is a State Corporation (Parastatal) that was established in 1947 and reconstituted under the Water Works Act of 1995 of the Laws of Malawi. The core mandate of the Board is to supply potable water to the City of Lilongwe and the surrounding area.
In order to fulfill its mandate effectively and efficiently with strategic leadership and management. LWB is in the process of filling a senior management vacant position on a Three year Contracts renewable based on satisfactory performance and is hereby inviting suitably qualified and experienced dynamic Malawian individual to fill the DIRECTOR OF CORPORATE SERVICES (GRADE LWB 2) and assist in leading the organization in the next stage of development. The following are the required personnel and work-related traits for this vacant position:
B. CORE FUNCTIONS
I. Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Chief Executive. the Director of Corporate Services will direct the LWB’s corporate functions and act as Company Secretary; Including providing policy guidance and direction in human resource and administrative issues for the effective and efficient delivery of services.
Based in Lilongwe City. this position requires a high level of leadership. independence and agility person. While providing leadership and direction to LWB, the Director of Corporate Affairs will also ensure that LWB achieves its business objectives internally and externally by building and sustaining LWB’s reputation and ensuring its future success in the attainment of its mandate.
Specifically, the Director of Operations shall be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulating, implementing, monitoring and reviewing human resource and administrative policies, procedures and regulations;
- Providing secretarial services to the Human Resources and Appointments Committee of the Board;
- Overseeing company legal services
- Supervising staff in the HR Department;
- Overseeing recruitment and selection processes:
- Consolidating and implementing departmental budgets;
- Planning, coordinating and monitoring staff training and development:
- Providing advice and support to management and staff on the implementation of the Board’s Human Resource and Administrative policies and procedures;
- Interpreting human resource and administrative policies and regulations;
- Overseeing the management and implementation of cross cutting issues such as HIV and AIDS, gender mainstreaming and environment climate change awareness at work place;
- Overseeing implementation of Procurement, ICT. works and buildings activities:
- Appraising the performance of Senior Human Resource Management Officer, Senior Administration Officer, Senior Procurement Officer and Senior ICT Officer:
- Providing secretarial services to management meetings.
- Demonstrating outstanding commitment to service delivery programs of the Board by personally identifying and reporting water bursts/leakages to customer care Division of which verifiable repair records shall be used during performance appraisal as one of the components to be assessed for time;
C. THE PERSON
This position requires a highly competent senior HR practitioner with an impressive track record in similar roles. The Applicant should have also strong innovative and change management skills, together with the experience and energy necessary to lead a multi-functional team in a large organization: Excellent communication skills signifies the capability of applicant in engaging with and influencing a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Minimum academic, professional qualifications and work experience
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Law with relevant knowledge in People Management or Human Resource Management or Public Administration but with relevant knowledge in Law;
- Be an executive member of IPMM;
- At least 5 years post graduate experience at a senior management position in a similar organization.
- Required Attributes and Skills
- A good and effective communicator;
- A team builder with the ability to manage and motivate staff;
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills;
- Good team-worker; able to live and work closely with a team of professionals with minimum direct supervision;
- Proven problem solving and organizational skills, flexibility and ability to work under pressure;
- Gender sensitive: and
- Strong computer skills.
D. TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The Board shall offer an attractive employee benefits package (commensurate with qualifications and experience) based on its Terms and Conditions of Service.
E. METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application letters together with detailed Curriculum Vitae copies of certificates and at least three traceable Referees must be submitted to the following address:
The Board Chairman
Lilongwe Water Board
Madzi House, Area 3
P. O. Box 96
Application letters should reach the Board Chairman not later 21st October, 2017. Only short listed applications will be acknowledged.
LILONGWE WATER BOARD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.