Elizabeth Glaser Paediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
The Elizabeth Glaser Paediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is a recognized global leader in the fight against HIV/AIDS. In its work to eliminate paediatric AIDS through research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs, EGPAF currently supports national, district, and local governments, facilities, communities, and non-governmental partners in 15 countries. EGPAF supports service provision for comprehensive HIV care, treatment and prevention programs, and health systems strengthening. EGPAF has worked in Malawi since 2001. Today, EGPAF Malawi implements evidence-based HIV prevention, care and treatment interventions in 147 health facilities in eight districts through EGPAF’s U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief/U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (PEPFAR/CDC) -funded Achieving HIV Epidemic Control through Scaling Up Quality Testing, Care and Treatment in Malawi.
EGPAF seeks to fill the following open position:
TITLE: Technical Advisor-Reproductive Health (TARH)
REPORTS TO: Senior Technical Advisor
The Technical Advisor Reproductive Health will lead the design and delivery of cervical cancer prevention and treatment interventions and packages across EGPAF supported clinics. Under the supervision of STA, the TA- RH is responsible for providing coordination, technical, leadership and management support to implementation of high quality cervical cancer prevention and treatment. The TA will also provide service delivery at Thyolo District Hospital where the position is based. The TA will work with the district team on cervical cancer prevention program and will work in the daily running of the cervical cancer prevention center in Thyolo.
Technical Strategy Leadership
- Implementation Patient Case Management at Thyolo DHO
- Provide screening, evaluation and treatment for premalignant lesion of the cervix
- To provide basic medical services to patients and to be able to provide referral and linkages with appropriate health facilities and specialties
- To provide support to health care providers on integration of Cervical Cancer preventions programs into existing HIV services in EGPAF’s supported sites implementing CaCX activities
- Give appropriate management for women in need of further services such as treatment of pre-cancers of the cervix with cryotherapy or LEEP and or referral of women with invasive cancer of the Cervix
Scale up of Cervical Cancer in EGPAF supported Clinics and Districts
- The TARH will be responsible for scaling-up of cervical cancer activities in other EGPAF supported sites implementing CaCX program
- Support in the planning, implementation and evaluation of reproductive health service delivery activities in particular CaCX integration
- Offer training and supportive supervisions to other health care providers in the EGPAF supported clinics during scaling up of the program
- Support capacity building of health care workers in EGPAF supported sites on reproductive health services including VIA
Monitoring and Reporting / Evaluations /Knowledge Management
- Participate in the tracking, monitoring and documentation of technical achievement and evaluation of cervical cancer prevention activities in regard to access, quality and service delivery impact in collaboration with partners
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports to EGPAF
- Liaise with counterparts in other EGPAF supported MOH programs, sharing lessons learned and working to strengthen EGPAF supported MOH programs.
- Work in a professional manner and maintain good relationships with site staff, program staff and colleagues in the MOH
- May be delegated to represent EGPAF in meetings at district or national levels as required
- Participate regularly in all the EGPAF staff and technical meetings.
- Do other duties and responsibilities that may be assign by the senior management team of the foundation
- Medical Degree (MBBS/MBChB)
- A master’s Degree in Public Health will be an added advantage
- Working in HIV program for a minimum of two years
- Experience in RH issues in the context of HIV and AIDS will be an added advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience in programs relating to HIV, MNCH and cervical cancer screening
- Have basic gynecological surgical experience
- Good program management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Technical expertise in Reproductive Health and HIV/AIDS programs
- Good writing skills, excellent communication skills
- Willing to travel in district and zone
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals are welcome to apply. Interested qualified candidates should send their expressions of interest enclosing copies of their certificates and a detailed current Curriculum Vitae including names and contacts of at least three traceable referees, and indicating their availability to take up the position to.
The Human Resources Manager, Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, 1st Floor, NEDBANK House, City Centre P.O. Box 2543, LILONGWE
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 20th June, 2018
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com