Airtel Malawi, a leading telecommunication Service provider in Malawi, is seeking an energetic, aggressive and self-motivated individual to join its Finance Team in the position of Tax Manager reporting to the Finance Director.
The purpose of the Job is to:
- Keep up to date on tax issues and advise management on impact of tax changes and recommend implementation steps.
- Computation and booking of tax provisions and payment ensuring that all tax accounts are up to date.
- Provide monthly summaries of movements in all tax accounts.
- Ensure that tax transactions are posted and updated in accounting systems on the day they are raised and prepare and submit timely tax returns.
- Liaise with other sections and departments on tax issues to ensure tax compliance on all initiatives and transactions.
- Ensure that tax savings are identified and utilized.
- Prepare timely and accurate tax reconciliations for all applicable taxes and Prepare and submit all required tax Reports; ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Ensuring all records are maintained and updated.
- Ensuring timely process of documentation and reporting on problem areas.
- Research on tax implication of new projects and products under consideration.
- Preparation and providing support to MRA and any other consultants for all tax audits and health checks and
- Assist in business planning and financial analysis
- Bachelor of Accountancy with ACCA, CIMA, CA, CPA and Computer training.
- At least 3 years’ tax experience with MRA or Audit firm.
- Excellent knowledge of all tax functions.
- Ability to operate in a performance driven organization and Good administrative and organizational skills.
Suitable candidates are required to send their Applications & Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd May, 2018.Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted