Elizabeth Glaser Paediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
The Elizabeth Glaser Paediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is a recognized global leader in the fight against HIV/AIDS. In its work to eliminate paediatric AIDS through research, advocacy. and prevention and treatment programs, EGPAF currently supports national, district, and local governments, facilities, communities, and non-governmental partners in 15 countries. EGPAF supports service provision for comprehensive HIV care, treatment and prevention programs, and health systems strengthening. EGPAF has worked in Malawi since 2001 Today, EGPAF Malawi implements evidence-based HIV prevention, care and treatment interventions in 151 health facilities in eight districts through EGPAF’s U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief/U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (PEPFAR/CDC) – funded Achieving HIV Epidemic Control through Scaling Up Quality Testing, Care and Treatment in Malawi.
EGPAF seeks to fill the following open position:
Position: Strategic Information and Evaluation/Quality Improvement Assistant (SI&E/QI-A)
Location: In a combination of Districts: Blantyre. Chiradzulu, Dedza, Mchinji, Mwanza, Neno, Ntcheu, and Thyolo
Reporting to: Senior Strategic Information and Evaluation Officer (S-SI&E0)
The SI&E/QI-A is a self-motivated individual who under the direct supervision and guidance of the Zonal S-SI&E0 will provide SI&E facility/district level support for EGPAF-Malawi programs. The SI&E/QI-A will directly participate in the implementation of quality M&E activities for the PIHTC; Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission (PMTCT) of HIV; HIV Care and Treatment; and TB services for adults, pregnant and lactating women, infants and children. He/she will coordinate all routine M&E activities, including data collection, management, analysis, dissemination, and reporting in EGPAF supported districts in the South West (SW) and Central West (CW). The incumbent will work closely with and in close coordination with the District Team Leads to increase and enhance the quality and use of site-level health information, including PEPFAR MER indicators, to support informed program decision-making, improved completeness and accuracy of data recorded on registers/electronic medical records (EMRs) at site level and support facility based QI teams to monitor and evaluate progress of QI interventions.
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include but not limited to;
- Assist with Data Collection, Data quality assurance, Donor Reports. Data visualization and use, Quality Improvement (QI) and Research/evaluation and ethics
- Conduct SI&E mentorship visits on a monthly basis to supported sites
- Work with DTOs to develop site profile for all supported sites Support the use of tools developed for pilot interventions
- Ensure all health workers in EGPAF-supported sites have adequate knowledge and skills to use the M&E tools
- Follow-up on items identified in action plans from SI&E mentorship, RDQA. or other site visits
- Exchange best practices and lessons learned with other assistants and EGPAF broadly
- Communicate with technical and programmatic staff about issues faced by the site, including and beyond SI&E domains
- At least an advanced Diploma in Statistics, Public Health, Information Technology etc with 1-2 year’s work experience in data entry and collection or a degree in the above areas would be an added advantage.
- Three years’ experience in program M&E for HTS, TB/HIV. ART/PMTCT or related health programs.
- Documented ability to work independently and to collaborate with senior colleagues, partner organizations, government, relevant stakeholders and others at site and district levels.
- Willingness to travel extensively in Malawi.
- Experience with USAID/PEPFAR-funded projects desirable
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working Knowledge of PEPFAR M&E system such as MERs indicators, DATIM and SIMS added advantage
- Working knowledge of biostatics, have a basic knowledge of epidemiology,
- Have working knowledge of at least one statistical/analytic software packages e.g. STATA, Epi Info and SPSS is added advantage
- Proficient working knowledge with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint e.g. advanced competence in excel is added advantage
- Ability to interface with different analysis and database packages
- Highly organized, meticulous and reliable
- Knowledge of quality assurance / quality improvement principles is added advantage
- The incumbent must have excellent numeracy skills with ability to analyze and present data
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to engage teams in the use of data
- Ability to work well independently and within a team
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while working as part of team
- Good attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- Strong written and verbal skills.
NB. There will be both oral and practical interviews to demonstrate some of the above skills/ abilities
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals are welcome to apply. Interested qualified candidates should send their expressions of interest enclosing copies of their certificates and a detailed current Curriculum Vitae including names and contacts of at least three traceable referees, and indicating their availability to take up the position to:
The Human Resources Manager, Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, 1st Floor, NEDBANK House, City Centre, P.O. Box 2543, Lilongwe
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date 15th June, 2018