Baobab Health Trust (BHT)
Baobab Health Trust (BHT) is a non- governmental organization specialised in the the improvement of health care using appropriate Information and Communication Technology suitable for resource constrained environments. We work closely with the Malawi Government through the Ministry of Health and Population to install Electronic Medical Record Systems (EMRs) in the country’s health facilities. A point of care solution tightly coupled to care processes is proposed as the information resource for health care providers as patients are being examined. The point of care clinical touchscreen workstation has embedded treatment protocols and simultaneously collects data that can be accessed and analysed quickly. We are currently looking for suitably qualified, motivated, hardworking and enthusiastic individuals of Malawi origin to fill the positions below on fixed renewable contract.
Project Accountant (1 x Position)
The officer will be reporting to the Finance Manager and assist the Director of Finance and Administration in making sure that the overall financial processes are being followed and executed effectively. The person will be assisting to ensure that internal finance processes are respected, prepare budgets, cash-flow and other financial forecasts of all donor funds.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Posting transactions in the accounting system (maintenance of the general ledger).
- Preparation of bank reconciliations.
- Maintenance of petty cash.
- Maintenance of the fixed asset register.
- Detect any negative variances within the budgets and raise a caution for corrective actions.
- Handle bank withdrawals and deposits.
- Prepare on-line banking payments for approval.
- Assist in handling audits e.g submitting supporting documents as requested by auditors.
- Checking field trips expense liquidations and ensure that any cash not spent is deposited on time.
- Regularly submit liquidation reports.
- File supporting documents in logical order.
- Receive and process all invoices, expense forms and requests for payment.
- Conduct cash count and reconcile all cash withdrawn from the bank with receipts and cash on hand.
- Keep up to date information at all times in case of surprise cash counts.
- General administrative duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- At least a Degree in Accountancy, those advancing professional accountancy qualification will have an added advantage
- At least 3 years of progressive work experience. Those with experience in managing donor funded projects will have an added advantage.
Skills and abilities:
- Fluency in both spoken and written English and Chichewa languages.
- Proficient in use of software packages is a MUST.
- Excellent communication, organizational and reporting skills, team player, trustworthy and responsible.
- Excellent knowledge and skills of SAGE accounting package is a MUST.
- Good organization and administrative skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work under strict deadlines.
If you meet the above requirements, deliver your application letters (Clearly indicating the title of the position being applied for on the cover of the envelope, or in the e-mail address subject line), up-to-date CV with 3 traceable referees, 2 of whom should be your most recent employers, at our Lilongwe Office, Area 31 13, Baron Avenue, near Bishop Mackenzie International School or to the following addresses: email@example.com
The Human Resources Lead, Baobab Health Trust, P.O. BOX 31797, Lilongwe 3
Applications received after than 22th June, 2018 will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged
Baobab Health Trust is an’ Equal opportunities Employer”
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org