Baobab Health Trust
Baobab Health Trust (BHT) is a non- governmental organization specialised in the the improvement of health care using appropriate Information and Communication Technology suitable for resource constrained environments. We work closely with the Malawi Government through the Ministry of Health and Population to install Electronic Medical Record Systems (EMRs) in the country’s health facilities. A point of care solution tightly coupled to care processes is proposed as the information resource for health care providers as patients are being examined. The point of care clinical touchscreen workstation has embedded treatment protocols and simultaneously collects data that can be accessed and analysed quickly. We are currently looking for suitably qualified, motivated, hardworking and enthusiastic individuals of Malawi origin to fill the positions below on fixed renewable contract.
Product Owner — Lilongwe (Re- Advertised)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a customer advocate in the development of informatics interventions.
- Understand and document the business need for all proposed projects.
- Conceptualize informatics interventions in line with the principles of-the fundamental theorem of medical informatics to address the business need.
- Develop a business case for the proposed informatics intervention.
- Gather requirements using contextual inquiry and user-centered design approaches and document them in the form of user stories.
- Coordinate with the Software Development team in building the informatics intervention while following agile practices.
- Develop the framework for the pilot implementation of the informatics intervention.
- Assist the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager in developing a framework for baseline and post-implementation review and impact evaluation.
- Give timely updates to the Product Manager on the progress of all assigned projects in adherence to the EPLC framework.
- Develop projects plans and budgets.
- Develop and review project reports and documentation.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- At least 2 years of work experience in IT project coordination, systems development and working with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in IT project management in health care is a plus.
Preferred knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Able to multi-task, be independent, mature and able to work under time-pressure.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and client management skills.
- Demonstrated excellent writing skills.
- Good stakeholder management skills.
- Desirable coordination and communication skills
- Willingness to work long hours in order to achieve project results.
If you meet the above requirements, deliver your application letters (Clearly indicating the title of the position being applied for on the cover of the envelope, or in the e-mail address subject line), up-to-date CV with 3 traceable referees, 2 of whom should be your most recent employers, at our Lilongwe Office, Area 31 13, Baron Avenue, near Bishop Mackenzie International School or to the following addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Human Resources Lead, Baobab Health Trust, P.O. BOX 31797, Lilongwe 3
Applications received after than 22th June, 2018 will not be considered.
NOTE: Those who applied for this re-advertised position should not apply again.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged
Baobab Health Trust is an’ Equal opportunities Employer”
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com