Mzuzu International Academy
Due to expansion, Mzuzu International Academy is looking for a suitably qualified individual to fill the following position tenable at their Campus in Luwinga, MZUZU:
Personal Assistant to the Principal
As Personal Assistant to the Principal, you will be required to manage effective communication within and outside the school by maintaining consistent and professional standards in written and oral communication.
- An understanding of and ability to contribute to the mission of Mzuzu International Academy Outstanding organizational ability and attention to detail
- High level of time management skills, including the ability to succeed in a busy and fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- A demonstrated ability to deal with confidential documentation and information in the strictest confidence
- A high level of diplomatic skills
- Research skills
- A thorough understanding of meeting procedures, agendas and minute taking.
- Ability to process and respond to information to facilitate communication flow
- Appropriate typing and computer skills
- High level of writing and drafting correspondence skills
- Ability to operate a range of office equipment to complete non-routine tasks
Qualifications & Experience
- Diploma or other similar qualification in Secretarial studies
- 3 — 5 years of successful experience in a similar role
- Maintain the Principal’s diary and coordinate meetings and appointments.
- Minimize disruptions to the Principal’s day while supporting an ‘open door’ policy.
- Filter and manage information to and from the Principal’s office and redirect information or correspondence to other school staff where appropriate.
- Draft routine correspondence for Principal’s signature as required.
- Manage the administrative aspect of the staff recruitment and appointment process.
- Attend weekly Senior Leadership Team Meetings, minute taking and distribution of Agenda/minutes.
- Act as minute secretary and provide secretarial support, including agenda preparation and distribution for the school Board.
- Through a sound knowledge of the Malawi labour law and school policies and procedures, provide the Principal with information, ideas and support on matters of concern.
- Prepare briefing notes for the Principal as required.
- Maintain all files and folders within the Principal’s office.
- Attend to the Principal’s travel and accommodation arrangements, as required.
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae, Copies of Certificates and Names of 3 traceable referees should be sent to:
The Head of Administration, Mzuzu International Academy, P.O. Box 20165, MZUZU
No later than Friday 22nd June, 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.