Jhpiego is an intemationa:, non-profit health organization affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University. Jhpiego develops innovations for enhancing capacity of health care workers, strengthening health systems and delivery of care towards improving the health and well-being of the people
MONITORING EVALUATION AND RESEARCH (MER) ADVISOR (1)
Reports To: Senior Advisor Monitoring, Evaluation and Research (MER)
Supervisee: M&E Officers, Data clerks and Data Management Coordinators
Location: Malawi Country Office — Lilongwe
Duties and Tasks
- Work with the M&E team centrally to develop and implement M&E systems and tools to monitor program implementation
- Provide strategic initiative in development of relevant high-standard M&E systems for Jhpiego’s VMMC Project IQ, and Gateway HIS project and others as needed;
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to M&E officers, specialists and other technical units within country office to ensure program performance monitoring’ collection, compilation, analysis, reporting and use of data for ongoing improvements in program implementation
- Coordinate with the M&E Specialists and Officers to develop data analysis products including routine performance charts for presentation at performance review meetings with project management team
- Coordinate with program and technical teams in preparation of MER sect:on (narrative and data tables) of donor reports, and support compilation of the comprehensive progress reports.
- Develop and ensure implementation of the research agenda, and coordinate all research activities for Jhpiego programs In coordination with the Senior MER Advisor, manage the design, data collection, entry and analysis of program research and evaluation activities, including population-based surveys
- Ensure adherence to MOH, USAID, PEPFAR, CDC and DoD reporting requirements
- In collaboration with the Communications & Knowledge Management Specialist, support the implementation of program documentation plan that includes the ongoing gathering of qualitative information, success stories, case studies, lessons learnt and other relevant information
- Collaborate with Jhpiego partners to facilitate harmonization of M&E systems across all sectors and align these M&E systems to MoH systems for sustainability.
- Support M&E Specialist and Officer to conduct Data Quality Assessment (DOA) visits and participate in the joint supervisory visits, with particular focus on improving the monitoring systems and the quality and completeness of data collection, analysis and feedback systems
- Ensure that data is used to highlight important programmatic gaps and coordinate with zonal offices and other program departments in addressing these gaps
- Provide guidance and support to the M&E Officer in MER activities
- Support the Snr MER Advisor in work plan and budget development for the department
- Represent Jhpiego in M&E stakeholders meetings and donor events, nationally and internationally
- Perform any other program related duties as assigned by supervisor which will facilitate achievement of program deliverables
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Master’s degree in public health, demography, statistics or other related discipline, and at least seven years of relevant experience in monitoring, evaluation and research with proven success.
- Extensive experience and mastery of M&E systems, practices, standards and innovations
- Excellent knowledge of statistics and epidemiology with ability and experience in designing and conducting quantitative and qualitative studies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including high proficiency in technical writing.
- High level of proficiency in use of computer packages such as MS Word, SPSS/STATA/ EPI info, Access, Excel, power point and e-mail, excellent understanding of health systems at district level and below.
- Knowledge of maternal, neonate, child health and HIV programs including comprehensive HIV program and male circumcision
- Knowledge of policy and implementation frameworks, EHP, and HSSP in Malawi
- Knowledge of Malawi national, zonal and district health management information
- Innovative, assertive and positive attitude towards work and the team
- Experience in training and facilitation on MER systems development, maintenance and improvement.
- Proficiency in managing field data collection work, including familiarity with IT enabled tools (cell phones, PDAs)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English and Chichewa
- Willingness to travel extensively to program locations (Approximately 50% of time)
How to apply
Eligible candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience should send applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), and names and contact details of three (3) traceable referees to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 22nd June 2018. Subject of the e-mail should be the Position being applied for.
Jhpiego appreciates all candidates but please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Jhpiego Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com