Job ID: 13402
Professional area: Quality
Contract type: Permanent
Professional level: Experienced
JTI is a leading international tobacco company with operations in more than 120 countries. We’re the global owner of world-renowned brands such as Winston, the number two cigarette brand in the world, and Camel (outside the US). Our global brands also include Mevius, LD and Natural American Spirit, and we manufacture the internationally recognized Logic e-cigarette brand and Ploom Tech, a major brand in the heated tobacco category.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, we employ over 40’000 people across the globe. We were recently awarded Global Top Employer for the fourth consecutive year with regional Top Employer Certification in Europe #1, Asia #1, North America #1, Africa #2 and Middle East #3. This is recognition of our outstanding talent strategy, energizing culture and commitment to learning and development.
We are a member of the Japan Tobacco Group of Companies. For more information visit www.jti.com.
To ensure consistent and uniform internal re-grading at blending to achieve required quality, uniformity, chemistry and nicotine targets.
- Carry out quality assessment of all tobacco during production shifts prior to processing
- Ensure that all tobaccos is transferred to the factory for processing following the FIFO principle.
- Constantly monitor quality checking, defects checks, and NTRM removal by factory quality checkers to ensure a quality product is processed
- Provide support and assistance during grade set ups, blend set ups and IG alignment.
- Provide support to the Blending Supervisors through collection of data during shifts.
O level or MSCE Certificate
- 5 years’ experience within the tobacco industry in tobacco processing or procurement
- Language & Computer Skills
- Written and Oral English, basic level computer skills