World Food Programme
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Candidates who would like to apply should fulfil one of the following criteria at the time of application:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate programme (University degree) and have completed at least two years of the programme.
- Currently enrolled in a graduate programme (Master’s degree) and have attended classes in the past 12 months.
- Recent graduate (from an undergraduate or graduate programmes) within six months prior to the application for the internship.
- Malawian national
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Strong written and spoken English
- Solid interpersonal skills with a focus on teamwork
Placed in different units under Programme- (Nutrition, Cash Based Transfers (CBT), Resilience ) Supply Chain and Public Information the incumbents will be responsible among other things for the followings:
- Follow up with field monitors on submission of all output reports and waybills for Nutrition and schools meals activities;
- Provide support in data entry of all the submitted output reports and waybills in both country office based database, LESS and COMET;
- Conduct initial analysis of the entered output data for initial results and identify any gaps;
- Support the preparation of output report summary tables and narrative on monthly basis in coordination with M&E activity focal points;
- Support the preparation of sample survey/PDM tools in ensuring that all comments are reflected in the final tool;
- Provide support with enumerator trainings and data collection;
- In coordination with the M&E activity focal points, assist in data cleaning, analysis and reporting;
- Assist with report writing and presentation of the sample survey/PDM results;
- Preparation of monthly field reports on implementation progress in coordination with the M&E activity focal points;
- Assist in following up of the implementation of M&E process monitoring reports recommendations
- Information management and Reporting
- Developing communications and advocacy materials
- Support in formulation of various documents
- External communications: copyedit donor reports and press releases before Head of Unit review.
- Information management: updating and organizing our IT shared drive
- Visibility/events: work with the communications officers to plan and implement visibility any UN events.
- Develop automated and integrated information management product (also known as a Supply Chain dashboard) using graphics and other tools available in Microsoft Excel and directly online on the Internet.
- Automating SC tasks related to MS Excel i.e. ensure supply chain data and information pertaining to international/regional/local shipments, transit times, arrivals, stocks, dispatches/deliveries are kept up to date including lead-time tracking.
- Develop macros to provide automated analysis from existing large sets of data.
- Liaise with Resource Management, Programme and Supply Chain Units, coordinate the flow of supply chain information and proactively identify gaps in supply chain information.
- Use the findings to analyze and evaluate the supply chain information to develop into usable statistics
- Translate data and information into a weekly dashboard to facilitate executive management decision making.
- Implement a weekly dashboard archiving system.
- Using available supply chain data/information, develop, prepare and formulate re-usable formal presentations that can be used to prepare future SC presentation to staff and management
- Other as required.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP depending on the duty station of assignment and numbre of days worked each month.
- WFP is not responsible for travel, living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, and other related costs.
- Interns are not WFP staff.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent authorities ;
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline for application is 18 January 2018.