Christian Health Association of Malawi (CHAM)
The Christian Health Association of Malawi (CHAM) is an ecumenical association of Church-owned health facilities in Malawi. CHAM is the second largest provider of health services in Malawi, with member health facilities in rural areas and the CHAM Secretariat is the central coordination unit of the Association. A Human Resources Officer vacancy has arisen at CHAM Secretariat in Lilongwe and interested applicants should understand the Church-based health service delivery model and be committed to promoting the healing ministry of Jesus Christ as envisioned by the local Churches.
HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER
Department: Human Resource Management
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Scope of work
To facilitate management of Human Resources and related Human Resource issues in CHAM Secretariat and CHAM Units.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Executes Human Resource Planning and Management.
- Executes recruitment and appointments of staff at CHAM Secretariat and member units.
- Forecasting demand and supply of manpower in CHAM
- Formulating strategic HR plans (training and deployment plans) for CHAM as a whole.
- Formulating job descriptions, specifications and employee specifications.
- Facilitating implementation of HR plans.
- Facilitates performance reviews.
- Coordinates recruitment, deployment and retention of staff in CHAM facilities. 9
- Strengthens capacity of HR officers in CHAM member units to provide quality Human Resources services.
- Facilitates personnel audits in CHAM.
- Assists in Human Resources Technical working group meeting in CHAM.
- Liaises with government on HR issues involving CHAM.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resource Management from a reputable University
- Minimum three years’ experience in a similar position
- Experience in government and NGO sector will be an added advantage
Requisite Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Very good team player and delivers results in time Well organized, with a proven ability to multi-task and with attention to detail
- Conversant with labor and industrial relations laws of Malawi
- Excellent skilIs in Microsoft office, Norming or other HR computer applications
- Interested candidates must download a standard Employment Application Form from the CHAM website, at www.cham.org.mw.
- Candidates must submit a completed Employment Application Form, recent CV with three traceable referees and a covering letter to the following addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The e-mail’s subject line must include the post being applied for
- Applications must be received by close of business on 15th June 2018.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.