Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international independent medical humanitarian organization working in partnership with the Ministry of Health and other actors in Blantyre and environs on cervical cancer project.
MSF-FRANCE is recruiting suitable candidate for the position of:
Gynaecologist Surgeon (based in Blantyre)
- Provide health care related to gynecology to patients, including prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
- Ensure the implementation of MSF clinical policies, tools, guidelines and protocols related to gynecology in order to minimize clinical risk and to extend best reproductive health practices.
- In collaboration with other medical colleagues, carry out the collection of quantitative gynecological data and ensure exhaustive use of management tools in order to improve gynecological results and to share knowledge among other field specialists.
- Plan and supervise the HR associated processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the gynecological staff. This will be done in close coordination with the HR department.
- Supervise the maintenance and running of the gynecological equipment and drug consumption, preparing new orders when required and ensuring its rational use and that pharmacy stock levels are permanently updated and available. This will be done in cooperation with the pharmacist and logistic staff.
- To provide medical consultation and review for patients who have been referred from the cervical cancer team in Chiradzulu and Blantyre region for further assessment regarding the diagnosis and management of cervical cancer.
- To provide medical consultation for patients who have been hospitalized before operation in the inpatient care or surgical ward
- To provide medical consultation through regular round for patients who have been hospitalized in the surgical ward or the inpatient unit for follow up of care after operation
- In collaboration with the midwife/nurse, supervise the application of surgical rules regarding preparation and work of the operating department.
- In collaboration with the anaesthetist, provide the best surgical care in the operating theatre for patients who have been referred for surgery:
- In collaboration with surgery team to collect all the required data according to MSF guideline and policy regarding the surgical activities
Contract details: Fixed-term contract with possible renewal
Skills & Qualifications
- Gynaecologist with minimum 2 years certified work experience is essential
- Previous experience with MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries desirable
- Teaching experience desirable
- Experience in Gynecology-Oncological operations desirable
- Registration with Medical Council of Malawi
Interested applicants apply through email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post: P.O. Box 2736, Blantyre, Malawi.
Hand delivery: MSF Office, Namiwawa, 60 Glynn Jones Rd (opposite Puma filling Station). Write “Gynaecologist Surgeon” in subject line of email or envelope.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
NOTE: Letters, CVs and any documentation included in application package will not be returned. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. MSF does not reimburse the possible costs for transportation for tests and interviews that may take place during the recruitment process, MSF is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any application/ recruitment or training fees.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com