ME&A - Mendez England & Associates
ME&A is recruiting senior-level Team Leaders for performance evaluations for the USAID Office of Food for Peace (FFP) Evaluation and Learning (EVELYN) mechanism in Guatemala, Madagascar, Malawi and Uganda in 2018. The evaluations will use qualitative research methods and incorporate findings from population-based surveys, to address evaluation questions, with the objective of informing the design of future FFP programming and providing inputs for FFP’s learning agenda.
Team Leaders will work under the supervision of EVELYN’s Chief of Party, and Senior Evaluation Specialist. They will be responsible for the following:
- Lead preparation of evaluation design deliverables
- Provide technical guidance and supervision of evaluation team
- Finalize evaluation design and qualitative data collection instruments
- Lead evaluation qualitative data collection fieldwork
- Lead interpretation and integration of PBS data into evaluation analysis
- Serve as the primary point of contact with FFP on technical evaluation issues
- Lead activity implementation to ensure all evaluation objectives, milestones, reporting requirements and deliverables are met
- Consolidate and guide individual input from evaluation team members
- Present key findings, conclusions, and recommendations to USAID
- Serve as lead author of draft evaluation report
- Lead in-country briefings and data utilization workshops to discuss evaluation findings, conclusions, and recommendations
- Ensure that the final evaluation report and all accompanying deliverables meet USAID evaluation policy and guidance
Team Leaders should have the following qualifications:
- A PhD or Master’s Degree in agricultural economics, health, nutrition, or relevant social science;
- A minimum of ten years of evaluation experience in developing countries, including experience as a team leader of previous USAID performance evaluations;
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of USAID evaluation policies, guidance, and procedures in conducting performance evaluations;
- Knowledge of qualitative data collection techniques and instruments;
- Excellent team management, communications, and writing skills.
- Work experience with and knowledge of FFP programming;
- Experience in analysis and interpretation of quantitative data;
- Work experience in sub-Saharan Africa or Latin America, with a preference for the countries in which the evaluations are taking place;
- Depending on the country of evaluation, fluency in French or Spanish at the FSI 4/4 level
Qualified candidates should send a copy of a recently updated C.V. with three references and a recent writing sample (preferably a recent evaluation that you authored) to N. Noor, EVELYN Project Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Write “Team Lead – [Country or countries]” in the subject heading of your email.
ME&A provides innovative solutions for economic development and social progress throughout the world. Our services cover seven practice areas, including Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning; Human and Institutional Capacity Development (HICD); Governance, Democracy and Public Administration; Water and Natural Resource Management; Economic Growth through Regional and Local Economic Development Strategies, Business Development, Competitiveness and Entrepreneurship; Communications and Knowledge Management; and Program and Grants Administration.
ME&A holds the prime contract for EVELYN, which provides quality evaluation services to FFP. EVELYN conducts PBSs, baseline studies, and end-line studies, as well as performance, process, post-project and impact evaluations, and thematic studies. Over a two-year period, EVELYN is scheduled to conduct PBSs, studies and evaluations of 25 FFP awards in nine countries.
ME&A is an equal employment opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com