Banja La Mtsogolo
Banja La Mtsogolo (BLM) is a Malawian Non-Governmental Healthcare Organization established in 1987. BLM provides quality Family Planning and Reproductive Healthcare including HIV/ AIDS information and interventions. BLM is a senior member of the Marie Stopes International Partnership which works in 37 countries. BLM exists to improve quality of life in Malawi through family planning and reproductive health care services. BLM serves over 800,000 clients annually and makes a significant contribution to national family planning objectives. The organization has national coverage, operating through 26 clinics, over 460 outreach sites.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position existing in the Organization.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/ RECEPTIONIST
The primary responsibility of this role is to further BLM’s Goal: THE PREVENTION OF UNWANTED BIRTHS and its mission of ensuring the individual’s rig ht to: CHILDREN BY CHOICE NOT CHANCE
- Receive and welcome all visitors to the cperonfteresssiwonitahcourtesy, speaking politely and professionally
- Keeping reception area tidy and organised at all times
- Assist the Centre Manager/Provider by registering the clients and collection of fees
- Participate in the daily routines, working with team members to ensure the smooth running of the centre.
- Collate the daily client / service data and record on register appropriately.
- Data capturing using required systems i.e CLIC
- Ensure that all income collected is stored in a safe place.
- Manage the petty cash according to organization procedures.
- Ensure effective stock Management for the centre/ clinic
- Ensure that all received bills are presented to head office promptly for payments.
- Maintain an inventory of organizational assets, reporting any discrepancies, and taking corrective action, in consultation with the centre manager.
- Assist the centre team leader with compiling centre reports at the end of the month
- In conjunction with the centre manager, work towards an effective cost reduction programme, driving for sustainability.
- Support with clerical duties such as typing, filing, faxing and photocopying.
- Assist the Centre Manager in ensuring clinical governance.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Business Management or related field.
- Tertiary certificate in business studies, office management or training in front office will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in office administration in the Business or NGO sector is essential.
- Administrative experience – desirable.
- Ability to prioritise
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Sensitivity to clients and high regard for confidentiality.
- Positive attitude towards personal choice and non-judgemental.
- A high standard of written/spoken English and Chichewa.
- Advanced computer skills, experience in MS Word, Excel and Outlook essential.
- Demonstrated high attention to detail and ability to follow through tasks to completion.
If you are interested and you meet the above requirements, please send your curriculum vitae and cover letter including names and contact details of three traceable referees one of whom should be your current or former employer to:
Head of Human Resources, Banja La Mtsogolo, P.O. Box 1854 LILONGWE or email: email@example.com to reach him not later than Monday 21st June 2018. BLM is an equal opportunities employer. No canvassing of any kind is allowed.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org